Monday, July 9, 2012

Fourth of July

Last week a friend asked me if I had watched the PBS show Downton Abbey.  I had heard a lot about the show on facebook, but no I had never watched it. After her suggestion I checked our Netflix streaming and Downton Abbey was on it so I decided to start watching it.  The first season is 7 (48 minute) episodes.  For the next 7 days I woke up before my children (at 6am) and watched an episode each morning.  I liked the show so much I had no problem waking up that early to watch it.  Luckily the second season aired last January and Scott has already ordered it on Netflix for me. 
We had a great Fourth of July.  The kids all wore red, white and blue and we attended a pancake breakfast at our church.
 Emily was part of the patriotic program. She recited a poem called American Banner.
 All of the primary kids waved flags and sang "It's a grand old flag".
Then we headed to Bothell for a parade.  Our cousins rode their bikes in the kids portion of the parade.  Our favorite float was the Seafair pirates.  The cannon on their float was very loud.  Lots of candy was thrown and consumed by my kids.
 Scott helped me attach a flag post into our house and I hung up my very own American Flag.
That afternoon we pulled out our new two lane slip and slide and the girls all had fun trying it out.

To end the day we went to the Fourth of July fireworks in our city.  The park where they let off the fireworks is just 2 miles from our house so we were able to walk there.  It was a warm clear night and some of our extended family joined us there.  All in all it was a very fun day.

1 comment:

missykac said...

Looks like your 4th was alot of fun. Good thing you're young and can keep up with all the excitement. I hope my name was on the list of people to visit this summer. I'm excited to see you and ALL your family (even Nathan if he's in a happy mood).