Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Melissa's Birthday and Easter


It has been sunny and warm in Washington and our flowers are in full bloom.  Holly took these sweet up close pictures of some of her favorite flowers.
Melissa celebrated her 7th birthday over the weekend and invited four of her classmates to her party.  We went with a rainbow theme.  We did two art projects, played outside, ate pizza, and had decorated brownie bites for the treat.
We went to our new neighborhood park and I had the girls pose on a bench together.  One of Melissa's friends jumped from the bench and pulled this pose just as I shot the picture.  Awesome!
Melissa with the special brownies.  She blew out the candles by flapping her plate at the flames.  Silly girl!
 
Easter morning at our house.  Lots of eggs and candy.  Nathan hardly ate any real food on Sunday he was so stuffed with candy.
Nathan with his basket of sports eggs.  We label each of the eggs for our kids so they all get the same amount of candy. 
This week I am thankful that:
*Scott took Holly out driving.  I did it last week and it made me very nervous.
*Melissa and Megan dressed up as one eyed one horned flying purple people eaters and sang us the song.
*I found this cute canvas picture at Fred Meyer and now I am inspired to do a mini makeover on our front room.  I will  be throwing out our old neutral pillows and bringing in some new bright ones to match the picture.


3 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm glad that the spring flowers have arrived in Washington. I love flowers. I really like your new canvas print. It looks a lot bigger on the wall than it did on the table. I can't wait to see what fun pillows you pick out! I hope all the Easter candy is gone and Nathan is eating real food again.

. said...

What a great Easter! I love the brownie bites, did you decorate them? They look amazing and I bet taste so much better than any cake or cupcake would! Also totally loving the girls pose at the park, made me crack up!

missykac said...

Once again another fun post. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I loved Megan and Melissa's purple people eater
costumes and poses. They are
growing up so fast and turning
into young women.