Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Roller Skating Fun!

On Saturday Melissa attended her friend's birthday party at Skate King in Bellevue.  Megan and I decided to come along and skate.  This was both Melissa and Megan's first time to roller skate and they were very excited.  I enjoyed skating when I was a kid and actually went to this very skating rink several times as a teenager.  It looked pretty much the same as it did 20 years ago, worn out red carpet and all.  After getting on their skates (which looked just like the ones from 20 years ago), the girls made their way to the rink.  Luckily a dad was there to help the girls get to the rink.  
 Beautiful Megan ready to skate.
 After a few laps around the rink hanging to the wall and falling a lot the girls took a break.  They loved trying to get a stuffed animal in the claw game.  As expected not one of them was actually able to get a stuffed animal.  Those claws open as they lift up so it very unlikely that you will win.
 Melissa enjoyed ice cream and brownies with her friends.  This is the look she game me when I asked her to smile for the camera.  Silly girl!
 There were extra birthday treats so even Megan got to eat some.
 After about 1 hour both Megan and Melissa ventured away from the rink wall.  They still fell several times but I was so proud of them for not giving up.
 I really enjoyed skating too!  I never fell once which was good.  The brown on the carpet below me is the concrete peeking through the worn red carpet.
 One last shot of my two girls in their skates before we changed back to our shoes.
The next morning Melissa was very sore from all the falling.  Megan fell a lot too but she is already planning a summer visit to the skating rink with her friends.
Today I am thankful that:
*This is my last week driving to seminary at 5:50 am for the school year.  Next year our plan is that Holly will have a license and a car and she can drive herself and Emily.
*It continues to be sunny even when rain is predicted.  We have had so many sunny days in the row.  I love it!
*I get to teach Sunday school at church each week.  This year we are studying the Old Testament and I am learning so much.

No comments: