Last week Melissa was in her first dance recital. She tap danced with other 4 and 5 yer olds to the song "Sleighride". She looked adorable in her costume and wore tap shoes not the old red shoes she posed in below.

Melissa told me her favorite part of the performance was lining up on stage as seen below (click on the photo to make it larger). The dance was definately not performed perfectly but the girls all had fun, smiled and were so proud of themselves.

We are way behind on making Christmas treats this year. But we did make some cute Santa's on sleighs for a few friends. Our home teacher brought us some of these last year and I thought the idea was so cute I copied it this year. I glued everything together with hot glue.

Santa's with bunny ears.

On Saturday we went to Scott's family work party. As always it was lots of fun complete with tons of food, treats, shows, and balloon animals. They rent the conference center at Microsoft and have different themed rooms with food and activities in each. This is a photo of us waiting for the Bollywood dancing show to start. Each of the kids is holding a frozen treat (which proved to be very messy). Fun times!
Today I am thankful that*Holly had the opportunity to be in her school dance concert last night. She did a good job and it was so fun to see all 90 kids from her school perform in dance numbers choreographed by themselves. The boys' dances were the best.
*We don't live in a flood plain area. It has been raining alot here and luckily all the excess water hasn't affected us.
*The kids are so excited for Christmas--10 days to go!
6 comments:
How cute! I can't wait for the dance recitals. And I love the Santas on the sleighs.
The santa sleds are so cute -- and tasty. It was so fun to come and see your decorations the other day!
what a cuties you have.
So fun to get caught up with your posts! You have such a fun house; I love the idea of each child collecting ornaments. We don't have many, so now I'm thinking we should start that tradition too. Love you all lots! (Your Christmas card from us is in the mail; we're late this year.) ~ Laura
I might just have to copy that Santa's sleigh idea, too, someday! So cute. We are way behind on Christmas treats. I may end up giving out New Year's treats....
SO CUTE!
Post a Comment