Thursday, August 11, 2011

A very purple bedroom

My daughter Emily had a cute room with light purple on the bottom half of her wall. But she claimed it was not purple enough. Rather than paint the whole wall purple we decided to try something new.My friend had recently painted her son's room in three shades of blue and I thought we could do something similar in Emily's room. My friend painted the darkest color at the bottom but since we already had light purple at the bottom we decided to keep that and make the darkest color at the top. Scott did the painting and this the before picture.Middle color is done.All three colors are done.And the completed room. Emily is very happy with her purple room.I found this cute picture of Emily when she was four and sleeping in a toddler bed. Wow, she has really grown up.
Today I am thankful that:
*We had a fun day playing with our Lynnwood Cousins this week.
*We got to go to the beach (on Lake Washington) with friends from our Texas days who now live here.
*All the kids are happily watching movies (upstairs and downstairs because they couldn't agree on just 1 movie) and I am getting a much needed break.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Good Job Scott! The purple room looks great and I can see why Emily loves it.

Ruthie said...

Very cute! It looks great.

Jessica said...

I love the stripes! I especially like that you were able to take the paint that was already there and incorporate it into your design.