My brother is getting married in June. My mom and I thought it would be fun to throw a bridal for his bride to be. I volunteered to have it at my house since me and my 4 daughters would be attending. We had relatives from my side of the family and the bride to be's family attend plus a few friends from church. I think there were 22 people in all. I hung these fun paper ball decorations around my house. The wedding colors are going to be orange and gray.
My sister in law brought her baby (the only boy at the shower)and everyone loved holding him.
She also brought these cute wedding cake cookies for everyone to take home as a favor.
We had lots of yummy food to enjoy, thanks to my mom and sisters in law.We played a fun game where we tried to guess my brother's and his fiance's answers to questions. I would read a question and one of their answers to it. Then everyone would hold up either lips(for the bride) or a mustache (for the groom). Here are some of the nieces making their guess.
And again with the mustaches.
Melissa found this cute way to display both answers.
Then the bride read our marriage advice to her which we had written earlier on note cards.
She opened lots of nice gifts, mostly kitchen stuff, and we made her this cute bouquet out of the present ribbons. I had my mom's creative friend who was at the shower put it together. Isn't my brother's fiancee adorable.
At the end of the shower we had her tell us how she met my brother and how they fell in love. My daughter enjoyed holding her cute cousin.
My brother arrived at the end of the shower to take his fiancee out for a day of bike riding.
I made them hold this love sign that I made for the shower. It had been hanging on the wall.
I think my first shower was a big success. It was a mad rush Saturday morning hiding all of our toys, books, backpacks, shoes.... and getting everything shower ready. Luckily my sister in law and mom came early to help out so I could run upstairs and get dressed .When Scott got home with Nathan (they left for the 2 hours during the shower) he asked me what was easier this shower or the two kids' birthday parties I recently did. I told him the shower for sure. I got to do everything the way I wanted it. Plus ladies attended, they don't need to be entertained-- talking is entertainment for them.
Today I am thankful that
*the pool opened, my kids can't wait to go swimming.
*we've had a few sunny days.
*people helped me to make the shower a success.
4 comments:
Congrats on your first successful shower! Looks like everyone had a good time. Your future sister in law is adorable!!! Did we look that young when we got married?!?!
That looks like so much fun! You guys did a great job on the party! I wish we could go to the wedding and see all you guys. It would be so fun!
You did a wonderful job on your first shower. I wish I could have been there. Now you are a professional and can do lots more showers, too bad you're almost out of brothers that need a wife. Excited to be part of the next celebration.
What a fun shower! Todd's sisters hosted mine and it really helped me feel loved and welcomed into the family. We'd love to make it to the wedding...but we're going to Spokane in July for my family reunion.
Post a Comment