Sunday, June 24, 2012

Graduations and Balloons

This month we had three graduations in our family.  Holly graduated from middle school and will begin high school in the fall.  Here she is with her good friend.
 All the middle school graduates had made a board showing some of the art projects they had made.
 Emily graduated from sixth grade and is heading to middle school next year.
Melissa graduated from kindergarten.  She is just staying at the same school next year.  I'm not really sure why they do kindergarten graduation but it sure was cute to see her sing with her class and announce that she was going to be a zookeeper when she grew up. 
We had some sunny days last week and one day we drew with chalk on the road.  I had seen a picture like the one below on pinterest so I thought we would try some of our own. 
 Unfortunately the sun was bright and most of the pictures looked like these.

 Melissa made this cute smiley face balloon herself.
Today I am thankful that:
Nathan still has some cute moments like this one at the library with a bear puppet.  He is going through a rough spell right now.  He often hits when he doesn't get his way and daily tells me he "isn't in my family anymore" and tells his dad "you are not my buddy anymore".
Holly is very creative.  This is a fairy door and stairway she made on a tree in our yard.  Today she entertained her younger siblings for several hours so I could have a restful Sabbath.
 I still have little kids.  These three can be so cute sometimes.  They are easily entertained and loving.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I feel the same way about Shad as you do about Nathan. I am glad that they both still have their cute moments. Shad has been having a rough spell himself as well. Hopefully they both change their ways soon!

Todd and Heather Moulton said...

I love the chalk pictures! What a fun idea!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Oh Angela. That is a very rough stage. I don't know if all boys goes through that. I had the same situation. I didn't know what to do for quite a while. Eventually we talk about feelings. Ian growing up. He would say things like he didn't love me anymore.I asked him if telling me mean things made him happy? He got a concern look in his face and told me 'No" then I asked him how would he feel if I would say mean things to him he answered "sad" then I asked him how did he thought I felt and he said "sad" then I end up the questioning "Ian do you want to see me sad?" he said "no" I keep following the routine every time he wants to go back to being mean. It has work so far.
I hope goest through the stage soon. Congrats to your girls for their graduations!