Three years ago I read on a my friend Nan's blog about a cupcake store in Bellevue. I decided to go there with my kids on my birthday.
The store was super cute inside.
But the cupcakes were $3 each so we decided to get the day old box of 6 assorted cupcakes for $8. The cupcakes were not as yummy as I was expecting (maybe because they were a day old) but it was still a fun thing to do.
This year I decided to take my kids to NY cupcakes again on my birthday. They were all three years older.
and so was I. We got the day old cupcakes again and again they were not that good. I guess I should have learned my lesson the first time.
After getting cupcakes we went to the park.
And to the new Walmart by the Seattle Temple. I'm not a big Walmart fan but this one was brand new and close to our house. Prior to this one opening the closest Walmart was 45 minutes away. We bought treats for our trip to Utah.
These are my cute girls!
About a week after my birthday I made the treat I was really wanting, fruit pizza. Yum!
Today I am thankful for:
*toys--I pulled out some toys that I got at a garage sale and the kids are all having a fun time with them. They are called Ello creation system--I got a big box of them for $5. Now our boring day is a little less boring.
*Holly just has two more flute lessons after today. Both Holly and I are anxious for them to be over. They did serve their purpose though, she is a lot more confident on the flute and ready for high school band.
*Netlix movies. Yesterday the kids and I watched Mirror, Mirror and today they watched The Secret World of Arrietty. Everyone thought Mirror, Mirror was the better movie.
2 comments:
Yes those darling cupcake stores are cute, but pricey. We have a couple close to us. We, also, buy the day old ones (half-price)and they are still a dollar fifty a cupcake. I happen to know that your Mom makes way yummier cupcakes and I don't think she'd charge you that much for one. However, sometimes it is all in having the experience and you have to pay the price for the atmosphere. Thanks for posting about the fun things you do with your family. You are an amazing and very creative Mom.
Thanks for sharing your birthday adventure with us. I love the picture of Nathan "enjoying" his seat at the darling pink table, the birthday balloon picture of you and the one of your girls and the fun bike rack. I think I would choose fruit pizza over pricey cupcakes too. Happy Birthday a little late. Glad you got to celebrate!
Post a Comment