18 years ago I applied to be an EFY counselor. They didn't want me at BYU but they said I could be a regional counselor in Tacoma for a week at the University of Puget Sound. There were several other kids from my stake that got to be regional counselors that week too. I guess it saves them money if they don't have to fly the regular counselors to the regional EFY sessions.


Here is Holly and her friend in their room. We have been having a heat wave (high 80's and 90's)and it is on the 3rd floor and there is no air conditioning. Luckily they each brought a fan.
The other two girls I brought were assigned a basement dorm room. Lucky them, it was much cooler down there.
This is a picture of my girls when I was a counselor. In my journal from 18years ago I have written after my first day as a counselor "this is so tiring and hard.. they are not paying us enough" "I'm never going to do this again". Then after my experience I wrote "being a counselor was amazing. I'd love to be a counselor again".
Today I am thankful that:
*Due to the high temps my kids have had fun playing in our blowup pool and slip and slide.
*Emily finally found a new swimsuit. It has been a very long process because she is too big for little girl swimsuits and not big enough for women's sizes.
*We just had some new neighbors move in and they are friendly.

Then we joined the check in line. We were in line for about 40 minutes and this girl in the yellow was behind us. She didn't seem to be in line with any one else but I was hesitant to speak to her for fear it would embarrass my daughter. I often do embarrassing things. :) After about 20 minutes I just couldn't help myself and I talked to her. She was alone (she had been dropped off the night before)and so happy to meet me and the four girls I brought. I guess it is true, never disregard a prompting to do good. This picture was taken before I met her.
After checking in the girls headed to the car to get their stuff. I took this picture without their knowledge because I didn't want to embarrass them.
Here is Holly and her friend in their room. We have been having a heat wave (high 80's and 90's)and it is on the 3rd floor and there is no air conditioning. Luckily they each brought a fan.
The other two girls I brought were assigned a basement dorm room. Lucky them, it was much cooler down there.
Just for old times sake I had my picture taken by the fountain with Holly's friend. The picture on the right was taken when I was an EFY counselor.
This is a picture of my girls when I was a counselor. In my journal from 18years ago I have written after my first day as a counselor "this is so tiring and hard.. they are not paying us enough" "I'm never going to do this again". Then after my experience I wrote "being a counselor was amazing. I'd love to be a counselor again".
Today I am thankful that:
*Due to the high temps my kids have had fun playing in our blowup pool and slip and slide.
*Emily finally found a new swimsuit. It has been a very long process because she is too big for little girl swimsuits and not big enough for women's sizes.
*We just had some new neighbors move in and they are friendly.




1 comment:
What a neat experience!! Very cool that you were able to get a picture by the same fountain again!
Post a Comment