Sunday, July 14, 2013

I got to go to camp this year!

Last year I dropped my girls off at girls camp and felt a little sad that I didn't get to stay.  This year I was the stake girls camp secretary so not only did I get to attend girls camp but I got to help with the planning.  I attended girls camp with Holly in 2011 but this was my first time to be there with Emily.  We collected and traded pins at camp which was fun.
The backdrop our youth camp leaders made was awesome.  Our theme this year was Mountains to Climb.  These are the two sets of senior missionaries that work at the church camp we attended.
Here are the picnic tables that we ate on for meals.  I loved how they were decorated and I wanted to include a pictures of them since I swept under them all after the dinner meals. That was the job I assigned to myself.  I am a good sweeper.
 Here is Emily and her friend from our ward.  They are the only second year campers in our ward.  She wishes there were more girls her age.
 I stayed in a cabin with the other stake leaders. 
 My bunk was the one on the bottom right.
 On the first day of camp I was scrambling to collect all the remaining letters. We had both parent letters and YW leader letters.  It was a bit of a fiasco. Fortunately we collected them all.
 Then the letters were placed in the girls camp mailboxes.
 We had singing time each day and was lots of fun.  Our camp theme song was called Mountains to Climb from lds.org.  Here is a link to the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7IGXddWYiE.  The girls all the sang the song and raised their arms when they said Mountains to climb. 
 This is the logo for our girls camp.  The Stake YW president designed it and we put it on our t-shirts and the camp songbook.
 My favorite part of camp by far was the food.  I loved that I didn't have to do a thing.  I just went and picked up yummy food for every meal.  The cooks did a great job.
 Holly wasn't at camp this year because she was on the 4th year hike. She carried a big backpack and everything.
 They hiked up to Rachel lake and it was beautiful.  She had a great time.
Today I am thankful that:
*Girls camp is over.  I have been looking forward to it/dreading it for months. Helping to plan it was pretty stressful.
*Scott did a good job of tending the little kids while I was at camp.
*Holly returned from her hike a day before camp ended and she cleaned up the house before I returned.  It was so nice to return home to a clean house.

1 comment:

. said...

Sounds like a great success! Congrats on a job well done. Our camp here was cancelled due to a nearby forest fire..bummer!