I can't believe my baby and only son is five years old, time flies. He sure is a fun boy and has taught us so much through the years.
On Saturday we celebrated Nathan's birthday. After eating his breakfast he opened his gifts. He was so excited and couldn't wait another minute. He had been counting down to his birthday for months. Megan gave him little laser lights that fit on his fingers. He is wearing them in the picture below. He likes wearing them because then he feels like a robot with lasers.
He also got several lego sets. This is a bald eagle made out of legos. His sister Megan helped him build all of his new sets.Nathan also got a nerf bow and arrow that shoots foam darts.
Nathan loved playing with his new toys all Saturday. I took him to the park to try out his new radio controlled excavator and it really worked. We went to Arby's for dinner since it is Nathan's favorite restaurant. We ate cupcakes and sang happy birthday to him when we got home.
Today I am thankful that
*I am not starting a new job. Scott just started a new job as well as my parents on their mission and they have a lot of new things to learn. Holly and Emily are already feeling some frustration at school with projects.
*Nathan is liking his new preschool this year so far. Last year he was at the farm preschool but by the end of the year he really didn't like it so this year he is trying a new preschool.
*The sun is still shining. I just love the sun and will miss it once the gray days come.

2 comments:
Oh my how fast they grow up!!!! He is simply adorable and it sounds like...all boy!!!! :)
I like the idea of opening birthday presents in the morning so that he could play with them throughout the day. I am going to do that with Emma next year. This last birthday, we waited till the evening when we had pizza and cupcake in the park with my family, and I ended up dragging all the presents to the park. It was a pain.
Post a Comment