This week our leisurely days of summer ended and we started another year of school. Megan is in fourth grade this year. She is in a 4/5th split class so that should be interesting.
Melissa is in second grade. Her teacher is fresh out of college and looks like she could be 18.
Nathan is still four so he has another year at home with me. His preschool starts in a few weeks.Emily is an 8th grader. She misses her teachers from last year. Starting with all new teachers is always a challenge but I'm sure she will come to love them too.
Her class was the last to be assigned school netbooks this year and all the regular ones were gone so she had to got a loaner. I'm not sure what that means but Emily was quite sad about it. I guess no one wants their netbook to say LOANER.
Luckily she is in a fun food class at school and three of the Beehives from church are also in her class.
Holly goes to school when it is dark so I wasn't able to get a picture of her heading out the door. But her best friend Rachel signed up to be in band with her this year and because of that they ended up in all six school classes together. Holly was super excited about this. Now they get together every afternoon to do homework.
Tonight is the first football game. Holly will be playing at the game and marching at half time. I hope it doesn't rain. This picture is of the marching band practicing one of their songs last week.
Today I am thankful that:*we had buses for the past 6 years. This year they took the buses away and now I am always driving or carpooling to the schools (three of them!).
*my parents are having a great experience on their mission and I get to blog about it.
*a new fun family moved into our ward from England and we are getting to know them. Did you know the word pants means underwear in England? They say trousers for pants.


3 comments:
It sounds like your busy, busy year is off to a good start. I hope all the girls continue to enjoy school and that Nathan will have fun at preschool too. Is he going back to the same one?
That's exciting that you have a family from England in your ward. You will discover that true English is a different English than what we Americans speak. Enjoy sharing new words with each other.
Thanks for helping your parents with their blog. It is fun to hear about all their experiences.
Love the updates and it's great to hear about the girls schools. Hopefully you don't live too far away from the schools, that's a lot of driving!!!
Your kids are cute! I would hate having to do all that carpooling but I imagine your schools are not too far away. I would love to know the blog site for your parents mission blog!
Post a Comment