Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's all Christmasy at our house

After Thanksgiving we pulled out all of our Christmas boxes and got to work decorating.  Here is our mantel with Christmas village.
 Each year I like to add a new decoration and this paper craft is it.  I got the idea from Pinterest.  I had to cut out each of those 9 reindeer and Santa on his sleigh.  Originally I was planning to make a few to give as gifts but the cutting took so long that I bagged that idea.
 These two shelves are in our family room on the same wall as the TV.  I made those paper cone trees last year and the cupcakes are the ones that I got at the craft fair a few weeks ago. 
 Here is our tree.  The close-up shot looked better than the far away one.  I love my elf guy.  But I do not move him around each day like some people do with their elf on the shelf.  Mine stays put all month.
 Here are our small nativity scenes.  My kids each have one of their own that they set up and a few are mine.  My favorite set is the precious moments one (middle shelf on the right).  My mom gave it to my grandma years ago and when my grandma died I inherited it.  I think of her when I see the nativity.
 This is our Lego Christmas village.  Scott buys a new set each year and helps the kids to put it together.  We keep it under the tree where it is easy to play with.  When we put the sets away we break them just enough to fit into the boxes.  It would take too long to build them each from scratch every year.
Today I am thankful that:
*Nathan finally made a craft at preschool.  His elf turned out so cute and it is safely resting in our Christmas tree.
 
*I got to be a chaperone on Megan's Christmas Choir trip.  I rode the bus with all 60 of them.  The kids sang at the school district office and at Bellevue Square mall. (Megan is in the center-not raising her hand)
*My good friend Briana tended Nathan so I could go on the field trip.

 I took my group of girls to eat at McDonalds at the mall before they performed and then to a candy store where all the candy was very overprized ($13 a pound YIKES!)
 They did a great job with their performances!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I love all your Christmas decorations! Thanks for taking pictures and sharing them with us. Your lego houses under the tree are so fun. I put my Fisher Price nativity under the tree and my cats have stolen all the wise men. I guess stuff under the tree isn't a good idea with cats. Actually a tree, with cats, isn't the best idea either. Really, cats in the house is the worst idea, in my opinion, but for some reason I have 3. Oh well, they add some adventure to my life. Hope you are having a fun December.