The girls all enjoyed working on crafts while they watched the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. We record it with our DRV and then start watching it 30 minutes after the parade starts. That way we are able to fast forward through all of the commercials.
I ironed our tablecloth (I mention this because I never iron things) and then set the table for our Thanksgiving lunch. I thought it looked pretty cute.
We had Scott's sister's family join us for Thanksgiving and those that didn't fit at the table sat up to the island. The younger kids each got a personalized Thanksgiving cup.
These two were not interested in eating much, they just wanted to get back to playing legos together.
After we enjoyed the meal we all went to a park nearby to run around and enjoy the sunshine.
The adults had some interesting discussions while the big girls listened in. Being a teenager at the park is pretty boring.
The little kids made some forts in the trees.
The little boys enjoyed spying on the girls. All was fine until the boys started stealing the girls branches and then when fighting broke out we knew it was time to leave.
We returned home and enjoyed some delicious homemade pie and eggnog courtesy of Uncle Steve.
Today I am thankful that:
*I got to attend a parade in Seattle with Scott. We went so we could see Holly marching with her band. Here is a link to their song "Let it snow".
The school dance team is in the front and the band is behind them. You can see Holly march by near the end of the video, you can't miss her because Scott is yelling. :)
*We bought a new artificial Christmas tree last weekend. I would have been too tired to buy one this weekend. Scott has already put it up and the kids put on their special ornaments. Boxes of all the other Christmas decorations all scattered throughout the house. I am waiting for an energy boost to unload them.
*Our turkey turned out tasting yummy. We are always worried that we might cook it too long and have it turn out like that turkey on the movie Christmas vacation which looked like turkey jerky when they cut it open.
3 comments:
Congrats on the turkey turning out nice and moist..the Thanksgiving table looked so cute..and the pilgrim glassware so perfect (brought back memories of our reunion with all the names on cups lining the kitch window!)_ Yum having dessert later is always such a treat..pie and egg nog...what a yummy combination. Those mischievious little boys sneaking up to ambush and destroy the forts are so devious! And of course, a sure fire way to end the park time and get home to dessert. Congrats on all you did to make such a nice event for both families. Surely glad the weather was so perfect. You're a doll!
Sharon
I LOVED hearing Scott cheering for Holy!!! WE ARE ALSO PROUD OF HER!!! what a wonderful girl!
It looks like your Thanksgiving was filled with lots of wonderful blessings and lots of fun. Everything looked great! I think it's funny that the temperature is in the 50's and Scott is wearing shorts. It is in the low 60's here this week and I am lamenting the fact that I have no long pants that fit. I'm glad you have had some nice weather. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment