My daughter Holly turned 16. Time seemed to go so slowly when she was little. In fact when she was my only child the days were very long. But ever since we moved here to Washington the years have been flying by. Holly will be headed off to college in 2 1/2 years. Holly didn't want to have a birthday party (she says she is too old for them) but I did buy her some balloons and cleaned her room for her as a surprise.
The night before her birthday it snowed. We had one morning of snow in December but that was it. So this snow was very exciting. Holly helped me to make a snowman for each member of the family in the backyard.
Then Holly and I took a fun walk around our neighborhood to see everything covered in snow. Holly wore her new birthday coat.
Of all the snowmen we saw this big one was my favorite. They used milk carton tops for the eyes. What a great idea! After seeing this I started saving our milk tops. Next year our snowman will all have great eyes and buttons.
Holly performed in a flute trio on Saturday at a special musical festival. Here is a 1 1/2 minute video of her performance. You'll be glad you watched it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBFWgiCiDeU&feature=youtu.be
We were able to make and decorate Valentines cookies. After the first pan of cookies was baked our oven died. Luckily my friend Tracy was home and let me cook the rest of the cookies at her house.
Then later that night I took the rolls I was making for dinner over to my Chinese neighbor's house and she baked them for me in her oven.
There was so much Seahawks team spirit here in Washington in anticipation of the superbowl. I think these front yard lights were my favorite. That is a 12 at the front for the 12th man and a Seahawk head on the right. It looked better in real life and it was as long as a school bus.
Scott hurt his foot a week ago. He couldn't put any weight on it and had to work from home for a week. But now he is walking on it (slowly) and is back at work. I am thankful that our bodies can heal themselves.





1 comment:
Sorry to hear that your oven died. That's a pain. You should see if there is a free low-skilled handyman available to fix it.
Post a Comment