Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Short Update

Right after Thanksgiving we went to the Frozen movie as the family.  We all loved the movie and we are still singing the songs and drawing pictures of the snowman Olaf.  We can't wait until the movie is released to DVD in a few months.  Holly recently drew the picture below on our whiteboard.  Holly has also learned to play some of the songs from the movie on the piano.  I sure love it when a good movie come out.                                                                                  
We recently had a break from school and so we met up with our Standage cousins at a nearby bounce house.  It was so fun for the cousins to run around there together and I loved visiting with my sister in law.
 Holly is in an after school A Capella club at her school and they recently performed in the high school talent show.  Here is Holly and her friends talking after the talent show.
And here she is posing with some of them.  
 I have been taking my kids spring shopping and here is a picture of Megan in her new Owl shirt.  I think this shirt is adorable. 
 Nathan is a bit obsessed with the lego.com online games.  I find him sitting at the computer looking like this a lot.  He doesn't have a lot of responsibilities or activities so I am finding it hard to keep him off of the computer.  Any suggestions?  Just telling him it's time to get off the computer doesn't work. 
 We went to Seattle last week to visit a cool museum and ride the monorail.  Scott made this short video to remember our experience.  You should watch it.  He did a great job with the video.

Today I am thankful that:
*I have an exciting bunch of 10 year olds in my primary class.  They are super talkative but I like them a lot.
*Megan is working really hard to learn her lines for the upcoming school musical that she will be in next month.  She is one of 3 Cheshire cats in Alice in Wonderland.
*Scott is able to get around so well on his foot now.  He still has a bit of a limp from the sprained ankle he got 3 weeks ago but he is almost better. Hurray!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Good luck with the computer games! I know Kodie gives her kids "technology time" and around here during break they have to read for the same amount of time that they can watch t.v.
Great job on the video!