Last week my daughter Megan was in her school musical Alice in Wonderland. In January and February they practiced once a week and then the first two weeks of March there were daily practices. Here they are practicing on their school stage a few weeks ago. The real performance was on the high school stage.
Megan was lucky enough to get assigned the role of Cheshire Cat #3. Her friends were the other parts of the cat. We bought matching hot pink and purple clothes for the girls and cute matching hair extensions.
Before the show Megan got to hang out with her friends backstage and play games.
When the Cheshire cat was up on stage the girls always had to be in this order. Megan had the Cheshire cat tail attached to her.
Most of the show the cat is sitting on a bench on the side of the stage and the girls were looking over at what was happening on the stage. The Cheshire cats were the narrators so they had several lines to say during each scene.
After the show Megan got to come out in costume and visit with the people that had come to watch the show. Her Walker cousins came to a show and they all loved petting her tail.I even got a picture taken with the cute cat. Megan is often a shy girl but she spoke loud and clear for the musical. I am really proud of her.
Scott compiled all the videos I took into this fun 7 minute video of the show. Watch it (and make sure you click to watch it in HD) I think you will enjoy it! Just click on the link below.





2 comments:
We are so proud of Meg!! What a big accomplishment! she did amazing and if I wouldn't know her I wouldn't believe she is shy. Good for her!! xo
So cool!
Post a Comment