After 1 1/2 years of being woken up by Holly as she gets ready for seminary each morning at 5AM we decided to move her to a new room that didn't share a common wall with our master bedroom. Nathan moved to Holly's room and Holly moved to his. It took a few hours on Saturday but was well worth the effort.
This is Nathan's old room
This is Nathan's new room
This is Holly's old room
This is Holly's new room
While Holly's room was empty these too had a fun time running around.
The new rooms are working out great. I wish we had thought of this when seminary began.
Today I am thankful that:*Holly is still enjoying band. This is a picture after her recent band concert. Holly had a rough start to band as a 9th grader but I am so glad she stuck with it.
*Last week Holly and 4 other girls in our ward received their young Women medallions for completing their personal progress. Over the last 4 years Holly has worked hard on many goals and projects that have helped her to gain a testimony and better follow the example of Jesus Christ. Here is Holly with her friend.
This is what the necklace medallion looks like close up. It has a temple in the middle. The laurel wreath represents the laurel class, the flower represents the miamiad class, and the beehive represents the beehive class. The red ruby is too remind them that they are more precious than rubies.
*The last thing I am thankful for is also about Holly. I guess this is her week. Holly asked a boy from her seminary class to the TOLO dance at school. A big group of sophomore kids from her seminary class is going to TOLO together but you had to have a date if you wanted to be in the group. Holly is quite shy around boys so asking someone was a very courageous move for her. He said yes!


3 comments:
Love your updates and lots of pictures!! Congratulations to Holly! What an amazing Young Woman and beautiful and talented young lady she is! Excited for your visit to Kentucky. Love you!!!
What a beautiful Young Woman Holly is!! Good for her and all her accomplishments. You must be so proud. I am sure asking the boy out was hard but I hope she will have a great time. What a fun age!
cute rooms!
Post a Comment