Monday, October 27, 2014

A Wedding in Arizona

Over the weekend I took a trip to Arizona to attend my cousin Jace's wedding in Mesa.

Instead of the traditional guest book each of the guests wrote their name on a Jenga piece.
There was a table display with pictures of the bride and grooms four sets of grandparents.  This photo is of my Cheever grandparents who past away some years ago.  I loved the saying that was with the photos.   It made me tear up.

I got to the wedding early and got to meet Christy.  She is married to Jace's older brother.  She was such a sweetie and I had fun getting to know her and sitting with her during the ceremony.
                                     

One of the sweetest parts of the night was when Shad pulled this wagon up to the front.  The bride's  father made the wagon.  The little boy sitting on the wagon seat is the child of the bride and groom.  Shad and his little brother (who is in the back of the wagon) are the bride and groom's nephews.
                                   
The ceremony was performed by their Bishop from church and was very sweet.  Followed by a kiss of course.
After they got married family pictures were taken.  
 I enjoyed hanging out with my Aunt Diane.
 Then the cake was cut and a flower bouquet was tossed.
 I helped Jace's siblings to decorate his car.
The Bride and Groom pictured in the back loved it.
While in Arizona I stayed with Scott's brother and his family.
I attended a session at the new Gilbert Temple.
I visited some old friends.
And I visited our old house in Chandler.

It was a wonderful trip and I am grateful I was able to come.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

We're so glad that you could come to the wedding! Thanks for making the effort to be here. It looks like you had a fun trip. Enjoy the rest of your October.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

IT was great seeing you! We love you and hope someday you can come back with your beautiful crew!