Occasionally I get the urge to make something that will last. Usually I am just cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking meals. A few years ago I made Valentine felt cookies followed by Easter felt cookies. Then I made Halloween felt cookies last year. I have always wanted to make Christmas felt cookies so this month I decided I was going to do it. First I found cute Christmas felt pictures on pinterest that I printed out for reference.
Then I drew some patterns so I could cut out the felt just right.Here is the felt cut out and ready to sew.
And the completed cookies! I think they turned out really cute. Each cookie took about 2 hours to make.
My little girls decided to make their own felt creations.
They cut out the felt themselves and did all the sewing.
I decided to turn my felt cookies into a holiday garland. So I made some poms poms and strung them up together. I love the finished look.
Today I am thankful that:
*We got to attend my brother's baby blessing on Sunday. I love that we live close enough to attend these special events.
*We have a December full of fun activities with family and friends ahead of us.
*We have a really great orthodontist. I have 3 kids in braces so I am there practically every week. The office is close by and all the workers are so nice.
1 comment:
Hey Angela!
I love your felt cookies - I remember your posts about the others you have made and I have always wanted to try making some. So perhaps it is time! Your garland idea is just great too!
Happy Holidays to You!
Jill
Post a Comment