Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Nauvoo Christmas

At the beginning of December we had our church Christmas party.  It had a Nauvoo Christmas theme so the girls were supposed to wear long old fashioned dresses.  Emily was in a short play and was supposed to represent young Emma Smith.  I think she looks beautiful.
This is the Nauvoo bakery room decorated by the YW presidency.  It was amazing.  I especially love how they decorated the windows and chalkboard.
 Here are Holly and her friend getting some yummy treats in the bakery.
 Scott was in charge of decorating the Tin Shop and helping the kids to punch holes in metal canning lids to make a star ornament.  That is Scott in the brown vest next to Nathan.
 I even dressed up. I was happy to finally have a reason to wear this dress that my mom gave me a few years ago.
Megan and Melissa enjoyed visiting all the fun rooms and running around with their friends.
 Megan won the drawing for a free giant candy cane.

 Today I am thankful that:

Megan and Melissa got to learn Christmas songs with their school choir and do a few performances.
 We successfully got a Moulton cousin photo taken at the cabin to send to my parents on their mission for Christmas.
 My sweet Grandma returned to her husband and loving relatives up in heaven.  She is one of the nicest people I know.  She was always smiling and had a kind word for everyone that she was with.  I will miss you grandma!  You had a great 94 years of life!

1 comment:

. said...

Sounds like fun times in the Walker household...what a fun Christmas party! We will miss Grandma Moulton too, but know she is in a better place. Hopefully we'll get to see you and your family soon.