We had a wonderful winter break. It was so nice to sleep in and not be stressed by homework. One of the first things we did was decorate gingerbread houses. Each of our kids makes their own.
We have been making gingerbread houses each year since Holly was one. Here are some pictures from that first gingerbread house.
Holly is 16 now.
We visited our cousins and met the newest cousin baby Caroline. She was so little and sweet.
We acted out the nativity on Christmas Eve and my brother Derek joined us for the fun. We love it when he comes to visit.
On Christmas day after we had opened our presents I caught a flight to Utah to attend my Grandma's funeral. She lived a great life and we were sad to see her go. This is our last picture with my Grandma.My parents picked me up from the airport in Salt Lake City and I shared a hotel room with them. They are serving a mission in Kentucky so it was fun to spend time with them.
Here is a picture of me with my parents and five of my brothers at the cemetery where my Grandma was buried. It was a cold but clear beautiful day.
Today I am thankful for:
*Christmas cards. It was so fun getting them each day in the mail during December. I love hearing from friends and having pictures of them. I took down my Christmas decorations but left up the cards which hang on my kitchen cabinets.
*a new church assignment. I have taught primary for the past 3 years. I taught the 6 year olds, the 4 year olds, and then the 11 year olds. Now I will plan activities and teach the 14 and 15 year old girls. My daughter Emily will be in my class.
*good books and Hallmark movies. I love to read when I get a chance and it is so fun to fold laundry when I have a happy movie to watch. The book I am reading now is called Falling for You and the Hallmark movie I watched yesterday was called Surprised by Love.

No comments:
Post a Comment