Thursday, April 2, 2015

March fun!

On March 20th and 21st I went to Time Out for Women in Seattle with some ladies from my ward.  The talks and musical numbers were great but my favorite part of the weekend was hanging out with these fun ladies.  This is a picture of us after we ate lunch at MOD pizza in Seattle.
 Emily is on the badminton team at her school and I recently went to one of her games.  She and he partner were always hitting their rackets together which was cute.
 Here is Emily with her badminton partner.
Melissa and I also worked hard in March on her famous person project.   She made this nice presentation board and I made her costume.  I bought a white sheet from a thrift store and some blue ribbon from a craft store.  Then I sewed the ribbon onto the sheet.  It was difficult to get the ribbon lined up just right and I did poke my finger with the sewing machine needle once (ouch) but the costume turned out cute.
The kids put on a living museum at their school last week which was followed by the school art show.  Melissa's class had made colorful bowls.
 Megan's class made college mascots out of clay.
Another class made turtles out of class and their display was super cute.  You can click on this picture to see it better.   
 One of the ladies in charge of the art night drew all these picture frames for kids to color in.
 Megan had a fun time filling up some of the frames.
Nathan is quite an artist too.  Last week he enjoyed coloring with chalk in our cul-da-sac.  He made an awesome dinosaur.
We are looking forward to Easter and General Conference this weekend.  My mom and dad sent us a box of Easter goodies which was super sweet.  I can't believe my parents will be home in 4 months from their 23 month mission.
Do me a favor and click on one of the boxes below.  I'm curious if anyone is actually reading this blog.  Thanks!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Your Mother Teresa costume turned out great! It is always fun to see all the creative things your family keeps busy doing. I'm glad you got to go to TOFW and spend time with your friends. Friends are the best! I hope you are making plans for some fun things to do with your mom and dad when they get home. It seems like the time has gone quickly to me, but it probably seems a little longer to you. Thanks for blogging.

Todd and Heather Moulton said...

I love the idea of the living museum. And I think it's cool that you made her costume. We were just talking about your parents and trying to figure out how long they'd been out. It's flown!