2016 has been a good year so far. My friend Marissa (who was my roommate in college) visited Seattle and she made a special visit to see me. She brought her 3 daughters along and we had fun playing games together.
Megan and I read a fantasy book together for her upcoming book report. The book was called The Girl with the Silver Eyes. We chose the book because it had high reviews and we enjoyed reading it. Now we need to get the book report, book recommendation and game board made. Sixth grade book reports are pretty complex.
We enjoyed looking at our Christmas cards for the whole month of January.
Then the first Monday in February we made hearts for each other at FHE saying why we loved each other and hung those up to replace the Christmas cards.This is a sweet heart from Megan to me. I help her study for her weekly science tests and she really appreciates it. We have both been learning a lot.
I bought some new Sunday clothes for these girls. The skirt is from Target and the dress is from Costco. These girls are two years apart but they look very similar. People always have a hard time telling the two of them apart.
Melissa started basketball with games each Saturday.
We visited yogurtland for free frozen yogurt and toppings on their annual appreciation day. The place was packed but we got there early so we were at the front of the line and got a table to sit at. It was a rare sunny February afternoon.
Megan and Holly played at several basketball games together. The high school and middle school bands combined. Holly is at the bottom middle of this picture and Megan is right behind her with the pink headband.
Holly performed with her flute friends at the annual solo ensemble festival. I can't believe this is her last one. Next year Holly will be at college.
Our flower bulbs are sending up green shoots and our first flower bloomed-an iris.
Today I am thankful for (everything above) and
*that my fingerprints for subbing worked. I have dry hands and the prints were not very good. If they hadn't worked I would have had to drive over an hour to have them printed at the state capitol in Olympia.
*A fun 5 day weekend (we visited Portland for 2 days)
*my new church calling working with the activity day girls (including my 2 daughters)


2 comments:
It is crazy to think you almost have a college-aged daughter...oh my! What are her plans? These kiddos are growing up too fast. Love the updates, and I love the picture of the iris at the end - they are one of my favorite plants!
What beautiful flowers and children! Are you planning on working as a substitute teacher in the near future or is this something you have been doing?
Post a Comment