Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Fun times over spring break

We started off our spring break by watching general conference.  We love to listen to the prophet and apostles.  This year we passed out a piece of candy after each talk.  Then on Sunday after conference was done we decorated spring cookies.  
Our flowers are in full bloom.  Interestingly, I planted the flowers in both my front and back yard pots at the same time but the one in the front gets more sun so it always blooms a few weeks before the backyard pot. These pictures were taken the same day.
On Monday we ate lunch with cousins and then went swimming with them at their big indoor city pool.  
On Tuesday we went shopping to Old Navy and Walmart and then the activity day girls came over for cupcake decorating and spring origami crafts.  We laughed quite a bit over the origami because it looked so easy to do in the video but it was actually quite tricky.
On Wednesday I took Megan, Melissa and Nathan to see the movie Zootopia.  Holly and Emily had already seen it with friends.  Megan posed with a picture of her teacher.  The teacher had given each of her students a picture of her head to take on spring break with them.  Megan is holding a popcorn bucket because I let her buy popcorn during the movie which was a first.  
Thursday I took the little kids to an indoor bounce place with big inflatables.  We took Megan's friend Lucy and they had the best time.  
Friday Holly, Megan and I took a hike up Rattlesnake Ridge with one of Holly's friends. The hike is 4 miles round trip. We started up at 8:45 am before the big crowds came.
We saw 30 dogs on our way up and down the trail including one dog that looked just like Boo.
Then I took Megan and Emily to get their nails done. We probably won't do it again (since it costs so much) but at least they have done it once.  Megan got a manicure.
 Emily got a pedicure.
Saturday I took Holly and Emily to the mall to look for new clothes and a prom dress for Holly.  In this picture both Holly and Emily have tried on the same modest prom dress.  There were very few modest dresses.   Holly ended up buying a long red dress with a low back from Macy's.  Grandma Moulton is going to sew a higher back into it.
 Sunday we had a family dinner and all the teenage cousins posed for a picture.  Holly and Emily are wearing their new dresses that we got at Downeast at the mall.
I am so thankful for my kids.  They aren't perfect (neither am I) and they don't always get along,  but we were able to have some fun together over spring break.  It was so nice to not be stressed from school and to sleep in.  Now onto the final quarter of school. :)

3 comments:

. said...

Your kids are growing up so fast....prom?!?! How fun to go shopping for that, but no doubt finding a modest dress is challenging. Glad you are all doing well and that you had a nice Spring Break.

Dianne said...

I'm glad Spring has arrived at your house. It's so much fun to hear about what you and your family are doing. Did Nathan leave home for spring break, or did he just not want to go on activities like getting his nails done and prom dress shopping? I guess he went to the movie, but just didn't want his picture taken. I love the picture of all the teenage cousins! Everyone is getting so grown up. I hope the remainder of your school year goes well. Enjoy!

Heather said...

What a fun spring break! You always do such creative and fun things with your kids. Happy Spring!