Last year I found this cute picture of Elves on Pinterest and pinned it. This year I saw it in my Christmas pinterest file and was inspired. I would make Holly and her 3 BYU roommates into Elves. Nathan was sick at the beginning of November and since I was stuck at home with him I used that day to make the elves.
First I found a pattern from Pinterest.
I cut out the patterns, altering them a bit to look more like the elves in the first picture.
Then as I watched a Hallmark Christmas special I made the 4 Elves. Hallmark movies and paper crafts are my favorite. :)This is what my work area in front of the TV looked like. Nathan spent his sick day watching lego and minecraft YouTube videos so he didn't mind that I was hogging the TV.
Once the elves were complete I gave them heads. I cropped pictures of Holly and her roommates' heads and then enlarged them until they were the right size to fit the elves bodies.
They looked great until I realized that Holly couldn't high five her roommate (that she shares a bedroom with) and that Holly and her roommate had the same color of hats.
So I did some flipping of bodies and hats and then I was really happy with the finished product. Each girl is high fiving the girl that she shares a room with and they have different colored, hats, gloves and clothes.
I put the elves into a Christmas box that I mailed to Holly at the end of November. She made a cute unboxing video when she opened the box and the next four pictures are from that. First, she pulled out this file that said elf yourself and wondered what it was.
She thought the elves were very funny.
Here she is showing two of the Elves to the camera.
She took this picture of the four elves together.
Holly told me that the elves are now hanging on the outside of their dorm doors and that everyone thinks they are fun. I enjoyed making them and she likes them so I call that a success!
Today I am really thankful that:
*We got to attend baby Claire's blessing yesterday. She is grandchild #19 for my parents.
We had a great lunch afterward at my brother's house.

1 comment:
Your creativity and crafty talent is awesome! What a fun way to celebrate the season!!!
Post a Comment