Anyone want to join me for a bike ride? I'm hoping to have a summer full of them.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
I can ride my bike again!
I have always loved to ride bikes. But since having children I haven't done it regularly. For years I didn't even have a bike, but about 3 years ago I got one from my brother. When Scott was home to tend the little kids I would go on bike rides by myself or with one of the big girls. I have always wanted one of those bike trailers but they seemed too expensive and too big to store. But last Saturday I went out to garage sales with the back seat removed from my van and I came across a nice bike trailer for $25. I thought, "I've got room in the van..what have I got to lose. If I don't like it I can definately resale it on Craislist for $25 or more". So I bought it. During the past week I have gone on 3 bike rides with the kidos. It is great and we can go 3 times as far as we did on a walk in the same amount of time. Hills are a little tough with the added weight so I try to stay on flat areas. It even folds up nicely. It is folded up in our garage in the picture below. The bike wheels can come off too but since I plan to use it again soon I didn't take them off.
Here is a video of me towing the trailer behind my bike (it is just 9 seconds long). I've only got one child in it but it does seat two. And I do normally have them wear helmets. C:
Anyone want to join me for a bike ride? I'm hoping to have a summer full of them.
Anyone want to join me for a bike ride? I'm hoping to have a summer full of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment