Last week I went on a field trip with Holly and the rest of the sixth grade at her school. To save money we didn't use buses so I got to drive 5 kids to the International District in Seattle and spend the day with them there. My mom tended my 3 little kids in the morning and then my good friend Brooke came over to my house to tend them in the afternoon. Field trips are so hard to go on when you have little kids at home so I am very appreciative of my mom and Brooke. Holly was very excited to have me finally attend a field trip with her in Washington!

These are the five kids in my group. Three girls and two boys. All were very well behaved so I was lucky. Some of the other moms I talked to had difficult groups.

Here they are in the Asian grocery store Uwajimaya. This place was awesome! They had a big gift section with fancy chopsticks, dishes, fans, lanterns, oragami paper, and of course lots of Hello Kitty. I bought some Japanese candy and a cute postcard with artwork from the Japanese Illustrator Aki Sogabe. Holly bought some blue flowered chopsticks and a blue decorative umbrella that is now hanging upside down from the ceiling in her room. We ate lunch at the food court in this store.

We tried on these hats but didn't buy them. Lots of the 6th graders did buy them though. A fortune cookie factory was one of the places we got to visit on our scavenger hunt. We all bought bags of fortune cookies. They were fresh and delicious. I loved getting good fortunes in all of my cookies, it made for a happy day!

Scott's fun was that he was invited by his boss to attend a Mariners baseball game last week. They were VIP tickets that included free parking, a delicious buffet, seats right behind the batter, and free consessions while watching. He had a great time and the Mariners even pulled off a win in the last inning. Scott is sitting to the right of the batter. He is in the second row second person on the right. See if you can see his cute head. The last Mariners game he attended was 13 years ago so this was a real treat.
Today I am thankful that:
*the dogwood tree we planted last month is blooming
*the girls have all had a great year of school--just 3 more weeks till summer!
*I get to interact with wonderful ladies in my ward as I serve in the Young Women's program
2 comments:
Loved seeing the pics of the field trip...looked very interesting and fun!
Glad you had a good group. Lucky Scott, he deserves a fun time out and wow I did see him in the picture!
I was wondering the other day why there aren't pictures of Scott on your blog, but I've decided he is camera shy. So, I am glad that TODAY, I got to see Scott's cute head! Thanks Scott. Russell A.
Post a Comment