Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bunnies and Some Inspiration

Last spring we noticed some wild bunnies in our yard. There were two of them and we would see them early in the morning. We thought they were cute and one day I was able to snap this picture of one of them.
Unfortunately bunnies poo in your yard and eat your plants. By the end of the summer I was not so fond of them. I hoped with the change of the seasons that would be the last we'd see of the bunnies. But then in January when our flower bulbs started sending up shoots I found that the bunnies had returned, DRAT! Each morning when I go outside I can see another bulb that has been dug out of the ground and eaten by a bunny. I just planted these bulbs in the fall and had high hopes for them to be beautiful someday.
So Nathan and I decided to gather rocks from the backyard and put them around each of our flowers in hopes that the bunnies won't be strong enough to move the rocks away and dig up the bulbs.
He is very handy with his wheel barrow (a great garage sale find). You can see the rocks around the flower greens. I wish the bunnies would be scared away by this owl decoration but it hasn't worked yet. I read online that if you get get pet rabbit poo and put it in your garden it will scare away the wild rabbits. Now where do I get my hands (or shovel rather) on a pile of pet rabbit poo.
Now onto the inspiration--I was looking at my cousin's blog this week and she had posted a picture of a big pantry. She lives in an apartment now but would love to have a big pantry in her future house. This picture really inspired me because I do have a big pantry but it looked nothing like the clean spacious pantry my cousin posted. Mine looked more like a dumping ground. Our pantry is also our laundry room and is the walkthrough area between the garage and kitchen but it should look nice. Here is our pantry looking in from the garage.
And looking in from the kitchen. Yes, we had to climb over everything to get food from the pantry. Real dreamy right?
So that very night while Scott was watching Scooby Doo with the kids I decided to clean out the pantry. I got rid of lots of boxes, the old telephone books, took the DI stuff out to the garage...and I could see the floor again. This is the new view from the garage.
And from the kitchen. The bags are things that need to be returned (I am always returning things). And the paint, what do you do with cans of paint that you don't want anymore? The four wheeler, oh how I wish I had a 3 car garage to put it in.
I am quite proud of myself. Now hopefully I can keep it this clean. :)

Today I am thankful that
*I got to go on a lunch date with Nathan and Melissa to McDonalds.
*Holly made this nice poster for Melissa and hung it above Melissa's bed

*It has been sunny for several days in a row!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Your pantry looks great! Woot woot! My garage is looking like your old pantry but I'm having problems feeling motivated to tacle it. I'll try to use you as inspiration!

Barb Stanford said...

What a sweet sister for making that poster! You have such good girls =) Your pantry looks amazing...good for you. It is always such a good feeling to finally tackle something isn't it?!