Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Traditions

Every year before Easter we make springtime sugar cookies. This year I even let the girls pipe frosting onto their cookies. They all did a fantastic job applying the frosting without my help. Then they applied sprinkles--our favorite.

You can tell Melissa was concentrating very hard.
Here are our finished cookies! I have to admit the girls were arguing and being bossy during the cookie making, but that is part of the fun right? Even though the piped cookies look cute they just had too much frosting on them. I had to take off about half the frosting of the cookies I ate.
We did our family Easter egg hunt on the Thursday before Easter. Scott and I were heading to Canada for a funeral the next day and wouldn't be back until Sunday night. So we sent the kids upstairs and then Scott and I got busy hiding eggs. The kids were all upstairs singing and so excited! We hide the same number of eggs for each child and write their name on their eggs (or put stickers if they can't read). Here is Emily busy looking for her eggs.
These three found all of their eggs and now they get the fun of opening them up to find the yummy candy.
Holly is so creative she sorted and put her candy in color order.
Today I am thankful that
*we got to attend church Easter Sunday and remember the true meaning of Easter
*my parents kindly tended our 5 children when we went to Canada for a funeral (pictures to come)
*I live in such a beautiful place (even when it is raining! like today)

2 comments:

Becky and Ben said...

Those cookies look so yummy. Your kids did an awesome job at decorating them all by themselves. It sounds like a good easter.

Heather said...

Your cookies look so yummy!! I love how you have the things you are thankful for at the end of each post. What a good idea!