Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A night out

Scott and his coworkers were given free tickets to a Mariners game. Each person got a ticket for them and their spouse, plus free parking. Because our baby isn't such a baby anymore and our big girls can babysit we jumped at the chance and headed to the ball field. This picture was taken on the bridge heading into Seattle.
And here we are at Safeco Field. We sat by three of Scott's coworkers and it was lots of fun.
Here are some shots I got as I looked around from my seat. This was my first game at Safeco field.
Here is home base.
I loved watching all the vendors trying to sell their food. Cotton candy, yum.
These two guys filmed the audience after each inning. The guy on the right held this huge antenna thing and the cords.
This man with the hot dog hat was selling pretzels. I think he needed a pretzel hat.
This is the Mariner's mascot. I'm not sure why it is a Moose but he sure was a good dancer.
I really didn't watch much of the game and the Mariners ended up losing but it was fun to be in the baseball field environment. Our house was clean when we arrived home, the dishwasher was running, and the three little kids were alseep. We paid Holly and Emily well. They've learned from past experience that if things aren't clean they get paid less.

Today I am thankful that:

*my tulips are starting to bloom

*yesterday was very sunny and we played outside all afternoon

*My friend Heather had a big healthy baby after a long painful pregnancy
*Holly helped Emily with her homework (I love it when they get along). Since a scene like this is rare I snapped a picture.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Looks like a fun evening! We've been to a few Rockies games, too--and I hope Scott's company gets us tickets for a game this year because the Rockies are doing GREAT. It's much funner to watch a baseball game (which are fairly boring compared to fast-paced basketball or football games, in my opinion) when the crowd is in it and when the home team is winning. Fun times!

Becky and Ben said...

That does sound like a nice evening out. I can't wait until my kids are old enough (and responsible enough) to watch the other ones so we can go out.