Thursday, July 21, 2011

Meet the Cousins

This week our kids got to meet some of their cousins for the first time. We have always lived far away from them and our paths haven't crossed until now. Their Dad just took a job in Seattle. So hopefully we will be seeing them regularly.Here are their kids and our girls posing by the banner we made for them. We got to play with them for a whole day on the day their moving truck was unloaded. Playing dollhouse with cousins was fun.Then they did some gymnastics. Emily was the teacher. Here she is trying to teach them how to do the splits. Good luck with that. Really-who can do the spilts?Then they played go through the body tunnel. Even Nathan thought this was fun. Cousin Michael just played happily with Nathan's cars by himself.The sun came up so we took a long walk to the park. With 8 kids I couldn't fit them all into my car to drive them to the park. I just love pictures of kids on playgrounds.Upon returning home it was dress up time. The hardest part was serving meals to 8 kids. But luckily our table had just enough room. Today I am thankful that:
*Today is sunny.

*My kids really enjoy playing with all their new cousins.

*Holly is at the new Harry Potter movie with a friend.

***please comment***even a short comment will do***I love comments***

4 comments:

Dianne said...

How fun to have "new" cousins to play with. With all the fun play things you have at your house they will want to come back all the time. Do they live close?
P.S. I'm glad you got some sun today. I would gladly send some more your way if I knew how!

Ruthie said...

Having cousins is one of the best things!

Laura G said...

How fun to live so close to cousins. I LOVED growing up close to mine. Looks like a lot of good times are going to be had!

Laura Standage said...

Angela-wow, you guys did so many fun things with our kids that day! Thanks again!!! (When I asked my threesome what they did, it was hard to get anything beyond "played with our cousins" out of them.) You guys do such fun things. We are excited to be closer to you guys. Now if only we could blink our way over the traffic, it'd be perfect! :)