Thursday, July 28, 2011

What big girls can do


This summer my daughter Holly learned how to make cinnamon rolls. She loves cinnamon rolls and wished I could make them more often so I taught her how to make them herself. This photo was taken of them at the rising stage. While they were baking Holly got the idea to make cinnamon bread. She cut the crust off of bread, spread on butter and some toppings and rolled up the bread. These were a huge hit with her siblings.

This week we celebrated Megan's birthday. While I was picking up a few party foods at the store Holly decorated the house. Fantastic, right? Having big kids definately has its perks.She even drew a cute cupcake picture and attached it to the trash can.And here is the birthday girl Megan. She turned 7 and before I know it she will be cooking and decorating just like her big sister Holly.

Today I am thankful that:
*Scott is kindly painting one of the girls' room purple.
*So many people sent me birthday greetings on facebook.
*My parents tended my kids last night so Scott and I could go on a birthday date.

1 comment:

missykac said...

Gosh, Holly is going to make some boy a great girlfriend and later some man a wonderful wife.
I'm glad to hear that you and Megan had such wonderful birthdays and got to do enjoyable
things. You are loved!
Aunt Kathy