But this morning I read an article from the church news called Young Women camp and it said young women camp is an opportunity for leaders to plant the gospel deep into hearts and it allows each woman to be still and connect with the spirit and her Father in Heaven. I don't know if this happened.
At camp we sang lots of silly songs about milk, sipping cider, and Mormon boys. We did funny skits, rode horses, went on a hike, played outdoor games, did Zumba and kick boxing, swam in a lake and completed a ropes course and ate lots of yummy food prepared by the stake. We did have two nice evening devotionals one about being virtuous by a former member of the stake presidency and one by all the Bishops about the for strength of youth pamphlet and how following it helps us to be super heroes (which was the theme of camp). We ended the camp with a testimony meeting with our Bishop. I know all of the girls enjoyed camp but I wonder if any of them had their testimonies strengthened. I was in charge of scripture time with my girls each night but it was always after 11 oclock when we finally got back to the teepees and I just quickly shared some scriptures with them since they were tired and I was so tired. If any of you have been to camp do you remember what things at camp helped strengthen testimonies? I'd like to know for next time I'm a cabin mom and with four daughters I'm sure I'll get plenty of chances to be a cabin mom.
Here are some photos from camp.
I made these cute blue chipmunk headbands for the girls to wear. Of course after a day I found them discarded around camp. Today I am thankful that;
*My mom and Scott tended my kids so I could attend camp for four days.
*I didn't have to cook for 4 days--which was a huge break for me.
*My house was nice and clean and the laundry was done when I returned--Thanks Scott!
No comments:
Post a Comment