On the first day of winter break we pulled out graham crackers and candy and I whipped up a batch of royal icing. The kids all look forward to our annual tradition of making individual gingerbread houses. Here is Melissa with her house.

Nathan and his Dad worked together on this one.

Megan's house is a beauty.

Here is Holly's house with Santa in the chimney.

And last but not least Emily's house with Santa and his sleigh on the roof.

Here are the girls' four houses together. Nathan's isn't pictured because he ate the candy off his house immediately after he made it.

Today I am thankful that:
*I was able to update Megan's scrapbook
*Scott has the next 12 days off of work
*The kids are so excited for Christmas
*The YM/YW Caroling activity that I was in charge of last night turned out well. We drove 2 motorhomes around and got out and caroled to 6 families in our ward. Then we had hot chocolate and donuts for refreshments at the church.
2 comments:
I guess practice makes perfect. I still have a hard time making a gingerbread house that stays together, let alone one that is as cute as all these are. Your family are all professionals! Good job Walker Builders.
Your children are so creative. I can tell they put so much thought and personality into their creations.
Post a Comment