Last week Holly turned 14. I still remember the long days when it was just Holly and I. I watched old movies during the day, watched the Price is Right almost every day, took daily walks with her in the stroller and was excited when 5 pm rolled around so I could start preparing dinner. Now I never get to watch my own shows because my kids always want to watch theirs, I can't take walks because my child refuses to go with me and they are too small to stay home and 5pm rolls around too quickly and I am too tired to cook. The good news is I'm not as lonely as I was then. With five kids there is always someone to talk to. Holly is about 4 months old in this photo.

Six of the Miamaids from our ward dropped by on Holly's birthday with a candy card for her.

Isn't this sweet? Yes, Holly shared the skittles with her siblings. Nathan was convinced he should get a whole bag.

Here Holly is with her birthday gifts and balloon.

She got a lot of pens (different types) and money.

She requested cinnamon rolls for her birthday treat.

We are so happy Holly joined our family 14 years ago. She is a smart and helpful young lady.

This week I am thankful that
*Nathan got to go to his much anticipated soccer class.

He was excited at first but then quickly decided he only wanted to kick a ball into the net and not do any of the silly games his coach wanted them to do. I think we will wait a few months until we try soccer again.

*We got to have dinner with Scott's sister Laura's family on Saturday. The girls all enjoyed coloring together. It is really fun to live close to them.

*Today I was released from my church calling as Young Women 2nd couselor and now I get to teach Melissa's primary class. I'll miss the great girls in Young Womens but now I will have a lot less stress in my life and more free time. Watch out pinterest crafts, here I come. :)
2 comments:
She's a Mia Maid! My how time flies! She such a beautiful and talented girl and looks very happy to be 14. Wish I could have been
there for the cinnamon rolls and present opening! Maybe we can have some of those times in June when Bryce and Angelita get married. Congratulations with your new calling! Doesn't seem like you were in YW very long? It's nice you're sharing your time at church with ALL your girls.
A 14-year-old?! You can't be that old! :) I like the birthday treat idea. I guess I get in the mindset of which flavor of cake. It never came to mind that I should let them pick any kind of reat. Love it! I love your beautiful flowers, too. Those boxes for the school kids' valentines were way cute. Brad's class didn't do anything even close to that cool.
Post a Comment