Wednesday, February 1, 2012

YW New Beginnings

Last night we had our Young Womens New Beginnings. Each of the YW leaders had a different assignment to help with it. Mine was to decorate the room. The theme for 2012 is Arise and Shine Forth and so we went with yellow as the color. I bought scrapbook paper and some cute foam letters from Michaels crafts store and made these fun circles that spelled shine. Then I attached them to some bamboo skewers that I had and put them in mason jars filled with rice.
I got some larger mason jars and filled them with white Christmas lights and my mom loaned me this cute yellow quit top to use as a tablecloth. Here is everything set up in the Relief Society room where we had the activity.

Another one of the young women leaders made these adorable and delicious yellow lemon cupcakes. I need to buy some of these cupcake racks, they are so cute.

Another leader made a handout with the theme on it and 6 giant lemon balls for each of the girls. I provided the balloons and the yellow tablecloth.

Here is a closeup of the handout.

I got to have two of my daughters attend New Beginnings with me. Holly is already in YW and Emily was spotlighted since she will be turning 12 in a few months. All the girls that will turn 12 this year got a pink rose.
The talks and the music were fantastic. We have a lot of talent in our ward. We also watched the music video from lds.org that goes with the theme. It's definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it. Click on the link to watch it https://www.lds.org/youth/video/2012-theme-song?lang=eng

4 comments:

. said...

Cute decorations...nice job!!! I love the yellow!!!

missykac said...

Sounds and looks awesome. You're lucky to have two girls of your own to share it with you. Congratualations Emily and good job so far Holly and Angela!

The Pluims said...

Wow such a good idea on decorations! My friend just got called into YW and is always asking me for ideas. Can't wait to show her how adorable these are!

Heather said...

I haven't been to your blog in a little while and I am amazed at what I missed! I love the decorations. I was in charge of our New Beginnings decorations as well and I would have loved to use your idea! You always have such cute crafts. I love it! Thanks for blogging!