Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fun in the sun

We had a sunny weekend so we decided to head to Seattle.  We visited the Japanese garden there.  We were hoping it would be free but it wasn't.  Because our family is so large it was cheaper to buy a family season pass.  I guess we can visit here again during the summer.  Here Scott is with the kids posing by a traditional Japanese garden statue.  There were several of these in the garden and each one had quarters sitting in the open window.
We saw about 20 turtles sunning themselves on the rocks.  This photo shows a grown and baby turtle together.
 Scott took this picture of us when we were looking at the koi fish in the pond.
 On the way home from Seattle we stopped at the temple to see the tulips in bloom there. 

Some highlights of the week were:

*Melissa attending a build a bear party.  Isn't her bear so cute?
 *Holly brought home her window box project from art class.  This is the window closed.
*And this is the window open.
 *Emily attended 6th grade camp for 2 days and 2 nights.  This is a photo she took of her cabin.
*And here is Emily trying on yet another dress for the upcoming wedding.  My mom is trying to find matching orange dresses for all the granddaughters to wear and this is the latest option. 
This is my first time using this new blogger format.  I was a little nervous to try it but it is actually easier than the old format.

3 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Love the pics. All your kids look so grown up! A weeding how exciting!!

Dianne said...

I love the bird in the window art project. Very nice! I have a strong feeling that your girls are in for a few more fashion shows before a final winner is chosen for the wedding attire. I know they will all look beautiful for the event and it will be a wonderful memory for all of them to share with their cousins. Thanks for sharing your mom with us this past week. It was fun to get to be involved in some of the upcoming wedding excitement.

missykac said...

I read your last two blog entries in the same sitting and may get some of the comments with the wrong entry, but wanted to add my voice. First - thanks for posting often and adding lots of pictures.
The strawberry rocks are really cute! Dianne kids practiced their talks, prayers and singing to the doorknob, yours use the a different prop. I LOVED Holly's window art project. How long did it take her to do? Wow, your kids have some awesome abilities and talents. Glad I'm related to you. I'm looking forward to the June wedding.