On the first day of spring break we watched general conference. Holly and Emily played with legos while they listened to the talks. Holly made this cool superhero city for Nathan.

Emily made a dentist's office. The cleaning chairs are on the left, the x-ray machine is in the left hand corner, a small room for filling cavities is on the right and the waiting room is the room at the front right.

On the second day of Spring Break we went to Gas Works park in Seattle and flew kites.

On the third day of spring break we decorated Easter cookies. Yum, Yum!

On the fourth day of spring break we dyed eggs. This was my first time doing this with my kids. Unfortunately I didn't boil the eggs long enough so they were still runny inside. Yuck!

On the fifth day of spring break the kids enjoyed playing in our backyard in the sunshine. Megan and Melissa play so nicely together.

On the sixth day of spring break we visited our cousins in Seattle. We got to go with their mom to pick them up from school and play on their school playground. We thought the graffiti was funny. "I love my dad".

Then we walked back to their house and made Easter crafts together.

The final day of spring break was filled with more time at a park (it was sunny for most of the week) and a trip to the grocery store. We parked next to this small car. Nathan thought it was a power wheels for grownups. I'm not really sure what it was.
Today I am thankful for:
*all the sunny days we had last week. It is so nice to play outside and not have to wear a coat everywhere we go.
*Easter Sunday to remember the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and a nice family dinner at the my parent's house.
*The flowers in my front yard. I just love to go outside and look at them.
3 comments:
Love the pics! Your kids are VERY talented with legos...WOW! The car pic is also cool...how does a normal sized adult even fit in it?!?!
I'm just sad that it wasn't the 10 days of Spring Break. The starting reminded me of the song The 10 days of Christmas. I'd love to see what else you could do with those other days. Gosh, you pack alot of fun into days off. Thanks for sharing in words and pictures.
I love your sugar cookies. They look so springy. Sorry that your beautiful eggs didn't get cooked all the way through. Did you dye eggs when you were growing up. Trevor couldn't believe that we didn't dye eggs and hunt them when Jessica was little. I never did it growing up and I HATE hard boiled eggs so it seemed kind of pointless to me. Now we take some to Easter every year, but no one wants to pick up the real eggs - only the money ones. It looks like you had a fun Spring Break and I'm glad your weather was nice.
Post a Comment