Yes, we made these aren’t they cute? They have foam hearts for feet, puff balls for bodies, and beady eyes. I glued everything together with a glue gun and I did burn my fingers several times gluing on those eyes.
On Saturday Megan and Melissa both worked hard to label all of their valentines for school. They were very serious about it and did a great job.
For a recent family home evening we made love hearts for each other. We wrote on hearts the things we loved about each other. After I took down the Christmas cards the cabinets looked so bare that I wanted to put something else fun on them.
This is a close up of one of the hearts for me. So sweet! My kids do love me.
Holly recently celebrated her birthday. She got lots of nice presents and those fun balloons are from Grandma Moulton.
Holly wanted homemade cinnamon rolls for her birthday treat and she made them herself, way to go Holly!
For dinner on Holly’s birthday we went to Arby’s per her request. If would have been perfect if only the Arby’s wasn’t 30 minutes away. Car rides with all the kids tend to bring out the worst in them.
Today we had class Valentines parties. Megan got this cute juice box robot from her crafty teacher. I saw the idea on pinterest. Nathan also exchanged Valentines at his preschool. He opened all the candy at once and promptly got sick of it. You’ll notice three lollipops (3 were already in the trash) and a lick a stick. He was acting like a pirate while he put frosting on a cupcake.
Today I thankful that
* The two Valentine school parties I helped with are done. Even though I enjoy helping with them they do add stress to my life.
*Scott and I went out on a pre valentine date (to avoid the Valentines day crowds) Tuesday night. We ate at the Cheesecake factory which neither of us had ever been to. We were so stuffed that we didn’t even get a piece of cheesecake. Then we went to the movie Life on Pi in 3D. The last movie I went to was a few years ago so this was a real treat. The best news is Holly and Emily babysat the kids and the house was clean when we returned.
*My little boy Nathan who told me he didn’t like hugs and kisses (for about a year) now likes them again. I love this little guy!
3 comments:
Loving the update! As always your creativity is amazing!!! Did you guys enjoy Cheesecake Factory? It's one of our favorites, but we don't get there very often. :( Like you, we're always too full so we typically get a piece of cheesecake to go.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
You are spreading LOVE all around. Yes, your home and crafty ideas are cute. Valentine's Day was always one of the funniest days at school with the kids. Especially in first grade where they were always so excited to open and be able to read their own valentines.
Hope you enjoyed this holiday with all the kids. Happy Birthday to Holly - 15? Guess she's growing into a very beautiful young women and very talented too - just like her mother!!
Angela, that is so nice you and Scott got on a date. I LOVE cheesecake factory!! We have to go together sometime just for the cheesecake :) You are a great Mom! :) I KNOW you kids not just love you but ADORE you too!! :)
Post a Comment