Last week my kids had a few days off of school and we spent two of them at the Great Wolf Lodge. My sister in law Laura told me her family was going there and invited us to join them. Since our whole family doesn’t like waterslides, I just took the three big girls and left Melissa and Nathan home with Scott. They didn’t feel left out though since they got to go to Toys R Us and get some new toys.
My girls had a great time going on the waterslides with their cousins. There were four big waterslides that you had to climb the stairs to go down.
This is what the indoor water park looks like from the top of the stairs.
The scariest (but also most fun) waterslide was called the Howling Tornado. Your four man tube drops into a giant funnel and you go back and forth on the sides until you reach the bottom. I only went on it once but I went on the other waterslides many times.
The wave pool was also lots of fun.
Here are my three girls with cousin Rachel waiting for the waves to start up again.
Our hotel room was right across the hall from our cousins hotel room (we arranged this) so our kids had lots of fun running back and forth between the rooms.
We all went out to dinner together at the Country Cousin Restaurant in nearby Centralia Washington. The restaurant was very old fashioned looking and had this cute photo prop outside. We had to wait a long time for a table big enough to seat us all but the food was good (at least the adults thought so).
The kids mostly enjoyed coloring and fooling around with each other. A Grandpa sitting near us was very entertained by one of their flying straw wrappers that hit him and the many times they spilled their drinks.
Today I am thankful that
*Emily did such a good job on her sacrament meeting talk about faith.
*Holly found her missing science presentation documents on her flash drive. That was a catastrophe averted.
*Holly enjoys playing the piano and has been finding new piano songs on the computer that she can print out and play.
2 comments:
Looks like fun! Megan was telling us about it at church on Sunday.
And I don't know how much Holly plays the piano, but I have a ton of my old piano music here she is welcome to borrow and play around with since I currently don't have a piano. :)
How fun!! you guys deserved a vacations :)
Post a Comment