Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March

Last week I got to help in Nathan's preschool class.  He showed me the mud that he loves to stomp around in. 
And the big mud puddles that he can dig in.
Holly pulled out her colored pencils and drew a picture of one of the daffodils I had in the kitchen.  The daffodils have now died but the picture remains.
Holly also performed in a band concert.  I am so proud of her for sticking with band this year.  It was a rough start for her since she had not been in band for 2 years but she has really enjoyed being in high school band.  She just signed up for band again next year.
Megan deserves kudos for sticking with basketball too.  We had to convince her to join the team (they needed another player on the team and we thought it would be a good experience for her).  Several of her friends were on the team so that was fun but losing every game was not fun.  She only wants to do basketball again if she can be on a winning team. 
These two girls make me smile.  Don't they make cute Leprechauns?
As a mom I feel exhausted nearly everyday.  When my kids help out at home and are kind to one another it really makes my day.  One of my sweet girls wrote this message for me and I just had to take a picture of it so I could always remember it.
 
Today I am thankful that:
*Seminary is cancelled for tomorrow so we all get to sleep in.
*Our flowers are so close to blooming.  I can't wait for all the blossoms.
*My cousin is getting married in May and I am going to his wedding (without my kids!!)



2 comments:

missykac said...

I'm so glad that Nathan wears boots to preschool! It is so fun that he can do rough, tough and dirty things. I bet he really enjoys it. Holly is extremely talented with her flute and her colored pencils. Let Megan know that I am also proud of her for sticking with he losing team. Let her know that sports are not always for the ending score, but for the experience, bond you build and fun you have. It would be awesome to have a child make such a wonderful message for you as a Mom. Hasppy St. Patty's Day on Sunday.
BTW-You need to have amazing as one of your choices of how your post make me feel.

. said...

Your kids are amazing..they take after you! So talented and creative. Hope your week is terrific!