For my mothers day gift I took a break from being a mother and went shopping by myself. This is what I ask for every year. I went to Kohl's and tried on clothes. No children complained or ran around the dressing room. I found a few new clothes for summer. Then I went to Home Depot and Fred Meyer and bought flowers for our yard. I love looking at all the flowers and picking my favorite without feeling rushed. Then when I came home I planted the flowers in peace while Scott fed the kids lunch. It was a great day.
On Sunday we celebrated mothers day by having Holly drive our family to church. This is the first time she has driven the whole family somewhere.
The kids in the backseat were a little nervous but excited to see how Holly would drive. We made it to church safely. The members of our ward all smiled and waved when they saw that Holly was driving.
Sunday evening we enjoyed a nice dinner at my parents’ house followed by pictures in the front yard. My brother Bryce was trying to take a picture of my parents to include with their mission application. Yay for missions! As people drove by I’m sure they were wondering what was going on.
Here is Bryce in action as the photographer. Don’t my parents look great?
Bryce shot this fun picture of Holly and Emily with their cousin Katie.
And this one of Scott and I with our big girls.
Megan and Melissa were having fun hanging from Grandma’s tulip tree.
Today I am thankful that
*Both Holly and Emily have fun Friday night plans with friends. Holly has two friends at our house and Emily went to a dinner/movie night at her friend’s house.
*The adult session of stake conference is tomorrow. I just love the adult sessions and since our girls can babysit Scott and I both get to attend.
*Scott is playing baseball with the little kids in the backyard and they are all having a great time together.
3 comments:
It sounds like you had a fun Mother's day. I love new clothes and new flowers, so I definitely approve of your gifts to yourself and time alone is always the best gift of all. Your kids are all growing up. It was fun to see Holly driving. I enjoyed all the "family" pictures. I saw some of them on facebook. I hope your mom and dad got a good one to put in their application. Hooray for missions!
I too loved your choices for Mother's Day, plus I loved all the pictures also. Bryce is creative and a fun photographer. Hooray for Holly being another family driver!
Glad you had such a great Mother's Day weekend, Angela! We're excited to get together with you guys on Monday. Hopefully the weather cooperates!
Post a Comment