Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Toys for Sale and a Sunny Weekend


We have lots of toys at our house so I figured it was time to get rid of some that we don't use.  I pulled out our Lego Duplo blocks and took pictures of them to post of craigslist.  We have quite a collection from years of garage sale shopping. 

 Here are our Duplo figures.

We have lots of vehicles too.  I posted the pictures on craigslist and listed everything for sale for $60.  I had several people email me about the toys on the first day.
 
But after I got the Duplos out my three little kids were having so much fun with them that I decided to delete the listing.  I guess I will try to sell them again in a few months.  Apparently the kids do still like them.  :)

My kids had Friday, May 3rd off of school.  The big girls headed out of town for ward youth conference and I took the three little kids to the zoo.  We bought a seed stick in the bird room and a bird hopped right on my hand to gobble up all the seeds.  It was kind of cool.  When I got home I noticed that a bird had pooped on the back of my sweater too.  Now that is not so cool.

Seeing this monkey was the best part of our zoo visit.  The monkey came to a branch right by the window and just stared at us for about five minutes.  I think it wanted to be our friend.

 The big girls headed to Vashon Island (about 1 1/2 hours away) for youth conference.  They got to ride a ferry there.  Emily is the one in the middle with the green shirt.

One day everyone went to the beach (Puget sound) and played in the sand, collected shells, and a few brave kids even jumped into the water.  Holly is posing in a drift wood teepee with her friends.

 Here is Emily with her Beehive friends.

And this picture is from the ferry ride back to Tacoma.  That is Mount Rainer in the distance.  The weather was perfect!

 I love hugging my kids especially little Nathan.  Scott snapped this picture of me stealing a hug from him.

Megan and I attended a stake activity days activity on Saturday.  My mom was teaching one of the classes since she is in the stake primary presidency.  It is pretty cool being in the same stake as my parents.

We were taught how to make cool weavings using old CDs.  This is how mine looked when I started it .

And this is what they all looked like at the end.  Beware--these each took over 1 hour to make!

Here is Megan with her friends ready to go home.  My mom made the popcorn and my daughter Holly created the labels.  They say "you are a daughter of God".
Today I am thankful
*for the many sunny days we have had and all the flowers and bushes in blossom. 
*that I finally made it to Kohls with all of my girls so they could get some shorts.  They had all been complaining that they needed new ones.
*that Scott has been taking Holly out driving.  I have done it a few times and it makes me sooo nervous. 

No comments: