Our favorite part of the reunion was visiting with everyone. Grandma took this picture of my girls with some of their cousins on the big comfy couch.
At past Walker reunions we have gone bowling so we decided to go bowling again. These four cousins were on a team together.Emma and Emily hadn't seen each other for 10 years and they became quick friends.
Megan enjoyed hanging out with her two girls cousins who were also born in 2004.
Nathan actually had a hard time at the reunion because his age and gender didn't match up with any cousins but here he is smiling at the bowling alley.
One of the reunion highlights was having Scott's sister Sherri and her son Jake spend a day with us prior to Jake entering the MTC. He makes a very handsome missionary. Those are Scott's great parent's who recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.
I couldn't visit Utah and not visit my Aunts Kathy and Karen so we arranged to have lunch at a nearby McDonalds. I sure love these ladies.
One of the highlights of my girls was sharing a room with their cousins. This was the little girl bunk room.
And this was the big girl bunk room.
Another fun thing that I did was visit my Arizona friend Becky who now lives in Utah. I sure am lucky to have her as a friend. Her kids had all grown so much and were just awesome kids. I was very impressed with all the good things they are doing.
Emily hung out with Becky's daughter Jessie who was her best friend in Arizona. The picture on the left is at kindergarten graduation in Arizona and the picture on the right is current day. Cute Girls!
Another fun thing that I did while in Utah was attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I toured this temple 4 year ago when it was open for visitors but this was my first time to attend a temple session here. My sister in law Laura and I went there together and it was wonderful. The temple was much smaller than the Seattle temple but very beautiful. We had a great experience there.
Today I am thankful that:
*Scott got a new job at his work.
*My kids are happily watching America's got talent together. I'm glad there are still some good family shows on TV.*Legos, my kids have spent so many hours building and rebuilding Lego houses this summer. They are really good builders and most of the time there is no fighting.



2 comments:
It sounds like you fit a lot into your Utah trip. I know Kathy and Karen were excited to get to see you. Is Scott excited about his new job at work? I hope so! I need some of your kids to go to San Diego with me. Shad wants to play Legos all the time and I AM NOT a good builder. Too bad you don't live closer. Thanks for sharing all your fun experiences.
What fantastic memories your kids will have of this trip - so fun!
Post a Comment