Thursday, October 10, 2013

Band, Halloween Pictures, Spiders, and Bracelets

Holly is having a fun time in band this fall. She helped with a car wash fundraiser to pay for their new band hats.
She has performed with her band at all the home football games.  Here they are in a W formation for Wolves--the high school mascot.
And she had made lots of new friends.  They all wish they didn't have the new band hats though.  The hats are silly looking and uncomfortable.
 This fall there have been lots of spiders in our area.  We have never seen so many.  One has taken up residence right outside the sliding glass door in our kitchen.
 It has been there for a month now and we love watching it.  It takes down its web and spins a new web almost every day.
 The kids have been making lots of Halloween pictures at our house.  Megan made this cute one.
Melissa made this one.  It is of Megan, Nathan, and Melissa in their costumes.  The googly eyes were a fun touch.
 This one is my favorite because it is of the whole family.  Melissa drew Scott and I holding hands which is so sweet.
Finally, we have been introduced to rainbow loom bracelets.  They are very popular at the elementary school this fall.  You buy bags of colored little rubber bands and weave them together to make bracelets.   Here the kids are separating the colored rubber bands and putting them into a muffin pan.
 Megan and Melissa both made some bracelets.
 Nathan even wanted some so his sisters made some for him.  This whole bracelet thing is popular right now but I'm sure that by Halloween it will be old news.  This reminds me a lot of the silly band fad from a few years ago.
Today I am thankful that:
*The weather has been sunny and Nathan and I have been taking walks together.
*Scott completed the first 3 weeks of his new job and finally feels like he knows what he is doing.
*Nathan is enjoying preschool this year.

2 comments:

. said...

Another fun update, you and your family are so creative! Next time you're near Vegas make sure and look us up, it would be a blast to get together. Where did you find the bracelet loom? I've never heard of that and am positive my girls would LOVE it!!!!

Dianne said...

Your family holiday art work always makes me smile! I also think it's wonderful that you are all appreciating the spider and her webs instead of smashing her. Hooray for marching band! I have lots of fun memories of band when I was in high school and with my kids when they were in high school. I'm glad Holly is enjoying it.