Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thankfulness

This week I am thankful that:
*Nathan and Scott had so much fun playing our Batman video game and they finished the whole game.  Nathan would wake up each day begging Scott to play it.  Scott enjoyed playing with him but is grateful the game is over.

*I got to attend a fun birthday luncheon for my good friend Kristen.  We both moved into our ward six years ago and have been friends from the start.  In August she bought a new house and moved about 30 minutes away.  One of the ladies in my ward hosted this luncheon  so could all visit with her again.
 Me and Kristen
 *Nathan and I got to go on a preschool field trip to a nearby pumpkin patch.  Nathan was pretty nervous though and held onto my pants almost the whole time. 
 His favorite part of the trip was using these shears to cut the pumpkin top.
*We got to drive there with our good friends from church the Johnsons.  Sister Johnson took my picture with Nathan right before we headed home.  Nathan did not want to smile but at least he looked up.
 *Today I got to be crafty.  I decided it was time to make some more birthday cards so I pulled out my scrapbooking supplies (colored paper, birthday stickers, print paper, paper cutters and a glue stick) and got to work.
 First I cut and folded the colored paper to make the blank cards.
 Then I used my creativity and pieces from old birthday cards to make new ones.  I think all the cards turned out pretty cute.
*Finally I am thankful that for the past 7 weeks our new friend Beth from England (on the right) has come over every morning before school for a 30 minute play date. It was a bit of service to help out her mom who was living in temp housing.  Now her family has moved into their new house and so she doesn't need to come over.  Luckily her new house is close to our house.  I think the next few play dates will be at her house!


1 comment:

Dianne said...

It's always fun to hear what is happening at your house. I love your creative birthday cards and your pumpkin patch boots. I wish it felt a little more like fall at our house. Enjoy the season!