Sunday, April 6, 2014

Braces, Birthdays and Bikes and Bunnies


 Right before I headed to Kentucky I helped with the Alice in Wonderland cast party.  I was in charge of framing the cast picture.  I cut the pictures to size, mounted them on card stock, attached the logo, and then mounted everything on another piece of card stock.  It wasn't a hard job but since I had to do 90 of them it took several hours.  The kids signed all 90 of the papers at the cast party.  This is the finished product.  I love paper crafting so this was a fun project for me to do.
 Also in March Emily got braces.  Here is the before and after.  She was excited to get them because the sooner she got them the sooner she can get them off.

While I was away in Kentucky.  Holly went on her first date to her school's Tolo dance.  She went with a big group of kids and had a good time.  She was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and her date was the scarecrow.  Scott took her to and from the dance.  He did such a great job taking care of everything while I was away.
 Soon after returning from Kentucky we celebrated Melissa's 8th birthday.
 Her favorite gifts were some webkinz stuffed animals. In this picture Megan is helping her log them onto the computer.
 

Nathan has turned into a big boy and he had outgrown his little bike.  So I took him to Toys R Us and bought him a new big green bike.  He rides very fast now and I have to run to keep up with him.
Melissa found an embroidery hoop and wanted to sew something.  This was her first time using a thread and needle and she made the cutest tree and flowers.  I can see more sewing in her future.
Some of our friends from church went out of town and asked us to watch their bunnies.  Each day we go to their house to feed them and then we get to play with them.
They are very cute and furry.
Holly gets to spend her spring break in California at Disneyland.  About 100 band, choir and orchestra kids from her school flew there together.  Here they are waiting for their flight at the airport.  
And Holly took this picture once they arrived.
I have so much to be grateful for and as I post these fun pictures I realize that.   I really enjoyed listening to General Conference this weekend, it is such a treat.  We are so blessed to be led by a living prophet and his apostles.  One of my favorite talks was by President Uchtdorf.  His talk was about gratitude and he said "We can choose to be grateful, no matter what".   I tend to be a pessimist and I needed to hear his inspired words.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

This post was full of a lot of "B's". I especially liked your desire to count all your BLESSINGS and focus on being grateful. I loved conference and Elder Uchtdorf's talk was one of my favorites as well. Those bunnies sure are fluffy. I hope you are all enjoying spring at your house.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the updates. I didn't realize the kids sit in a cage with the bunnies. We need a similar cage for family home evening.

Todd and Heather Moulton said...

We love following your blog. And your video from Kentucky was great too. We saw it on Facebook. I just don't like posting comments from my phone and that's usually how I view it. I love the new bike for Nathan. It goes so fast, doesn't it?

Heather said...

What a wonderful post. It is always great to see what you and your family are doing. I saw pictures of Holly on Facebook and hope she hand a good time.