Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spring

I just love the sunshine and all the flowers in Washington right now.  As I drive down the road I see new things in bloom everywhere and it's just amazing to me.  Nathan pulled this forget me not from our backyard when we were weeding.  I saved it from the weed pile and have been enjoying it in my kitchen.  
This picture is of a tree blooming in our backyard.  I love the hot pink flowers.
 Recently we made cards for our cousin Shad who has cancer.  I hope he got them in the mail.  Nathan made this t-rex for him but then was so happy with how it turned out that he decided he better keep it and just send Shad a picture of him holding it.
 We recently moved Melissa up to Megan's bike and so we bought Megan a bigger bike.  The new bike came in the mail and Scott put it together.  He is a good dad.
 It's a big bike but with the seat at the lowest position Megan can ride it so that is good news.
Then I sold Nathan's little bike and Melissa's bike on Craigslist.
I can't believe that my phase of having a preschooler is almost over.  I love little kids and will miss having a little buddy to spend the day with.
 Nathan and I attended Melissa's school program where they sang songs about bugs.  It was pretty cute but Melissa was very nervous about standing in the front row.  She does not like extra attention.
 After each song Nathan would give two thumbs down.  He thought he was pretty funny.
Holly and Emily continue to practice weekly for the stake youth musical called Built on the Rock.  The performance is coming soon and now they practice in costumes.  Holly is the girl on the right.  She is in the Ammon scene.
 Emily had her birthday and a birthday party.  Luckily this year the party was pretty low key.  We just had a taco dinner with friends, ate donuts and watched the movie Aquamarine (it's about a mermaid).
 Emily has lots of nice friends that came to her party.
 Today I am thankful that:
*it is supposed to be sunny all week.  The sun really does energize me and make me feel happy.
*this morning I got to go to a RS brunch that my visiting teachers put on.  I loved visiting with the ladies,  the food was delicious (and I didn't have to bring anything), and Nathan was well behaved.
*I got to do all the fun things pictured above.  Life is good.

3 comments:

. said...

Spring is great and the flowers you pictured are beautiful. In Vegas, spring brings weather extremes. In the past week or so, we have had days when the temps peaked out in the low 90s and then the next day it doesn't get into the 70s. Crazy!

missykac said...

Yes. you do have a wonderful life. You are a great Mom. You encourage and do fun things with
your family. Thanks for sharing your family life in pictures.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family and flowers! I hope you get lots of sunshine this week.