Sunday, July 13, 2014

Girls Camp 2014

This year I was involved in planning our stake girls camp.  I was the stake camp secretary.  I attended meetings and was in charge of collecting and organizing the registration papers.  I also helped with ordering camp t-shirts and hoodies.   Then I got to attend girls camp.  This was my 3rd time going with my girls.  Our camp was at Cascade Park about 1 hour 15 minutes north of where we live.  It is beautiful camp on a river.  We all camp on a big grass field with cabins and canvas tents all lined up in an L shape.
                            
Our theme was:
                           
My favorite part of camp is always meeting and hanging out with other great ladies in the stake.
One night my sister in law Emily (who lives in my stake) came up and led us all in a service project making felt stuffed hearts for a grief organization.  They give hearts to kids who are dealing with the loss of a friend or loved one.  Each heart has a little pocket that you can put a love note in.
Here are some first year girls from my ward measuring the string to go around their hearts.
This is Emily helping a girl get her string ready to go.  Emily had a giant paper heart that she was stitching with yarn to show us how it was done.
Here are the completed hearts.  A few of the girls had even written little notes and put them in the pockets. It was really sweet to read the tiny notes.
Holly was a YCL (youth camp leader) this year and I enjoyed seeing her help out at camp.  She and her band friend wore their matching band shirts one day.
Here she is with some more of her friends.
I was in charge running the snow cone machine during free time and on one day Holly and her YCL friends helped me.  I enjoyed visiting with them for that 2 hours.
Today I am thankful that:
*I got to go to camp again.  It really is a fun experience. I even got to float down the river with some other leaders in inner tubes which was cool.
*Scott tended our kids while I was a camp.  He did a great job!
*We had a great fourth of July.  We have a pancake breakfast on the fourth at our church.  Two of my brothers were there with their families and two of my cousins with their wives were there too.  It was like a mini-reunion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun time. And a lot of work to prepare. Glad you like girls camp. Congratulations on another successful year!